Today, David McGuinty, Member of Parliament for Ottawa South, on behalf of the Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for FedDev Ontario, announced funding of up to $525,000 in The Hotel Communication Network Inc. (HCN).
Businesses need the right resources to further develop and bring their innovative products to market. The Government of Canada is proud to support this Ottawa-area company to further develop its technology for hotels to automate and enhance how guests access information, services and entertainment from their hotel suites using in-room tablets.
The repayable contribution, through FedDev Ontario’s Investing in Business Innovation initiative, will allow HCN to increase sales, both in Canada and globally, and to strengthen the information and communications technology (ICT) sector in the Ottawa region.
- The Hotel Communication Network Inc., established in 2008, is expected to create 20 full-time jobs and maintain 16 jobs over the course of this project.
- FedDev Ontario’s funding will also leverage up to $1.05 million from members of the Angel One Network.
- HCN will increase its sales and marketing activities throughout North America, targeting three major hotel markets: San Francisco, New Orleans and Chicago.
- Ottawa continues to attract innovation and was recently crowned the most “Business Friendly” mid-sized city in North and South America by the Financial Times.
“The Government of Canada knows that bringing new innovative technologies to global markets will improve Ontario’s competitiveness. With today’s funding announcement for The Hotel Communication Network Inc., we are continuing to encourage business innovation and competitiveness that will lead to more jobs, economic growth and prosperity for Canadian families.”
– The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development and Minister responsible for the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario
“The Ottawa region continues to be a dynamic space for Canadian technology innovators like The Hotel Communication Network Inc. This investment is another example of our Government’s commitment to creating an economic environment where innovative companies can thrive here in Ottawa and on the world stage. Congratulations to The Hotel Communication Network Inc. We look forward to seeing their technology reach new markets here and around the world.”
– David McGuinty, Member of Parliament for Ottawa South
“FedDev Ontario’s funding has been a major support in the development of our digital platform for the travel industry. We are now rolling out the platform into major U.S. markets, expanding our sales, support and development teams, and creating a competitive advantage for this Ontario-based technology.”
– Kevin Bidner, CEO, The Hotel Communication Network Inc.