We are looking for an energetic individual to provide in-house software development across all aspects of our current and future projects. Given the richness of our content there will also be research tasks aimed at providing support for different types of media on Android touch devices with resultant documentation and examples to support the research.
This position will report to our Development Manager. Compensation is competitive and commensurate to qualifications and experience. Health Benefits and Stock Option plans are available.
- This role will have individuals creating, updating, and testing past, current, and future user feature developments.
- At times this role may involve researching and documenting new concepts surrounding HCN systems
- Individuals will have a great deal of autonomy, and are expected to manage their time effectively.
- The position requires an individual who is self-starting, creative, adaptive and able to think through tasks from start to finish.
- Experience developing in a Linux environment.
- Experience profiling and debugging connecting projects across developmental domains.
- Working knowledge of both relational and NoSQL data architectures.
- Ability to take high-level requirements and build functionally-robust code.
- Ability to produce concise documentation outlining usage and test cases.
- Experience working with version control systems like Git
- Previous work experience and / or examples.
- Working knowledge of both SQL and NoSQL database architectures.
- Experience working within MVC-based software architectural patterns.
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or diploma.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in software development.
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated desire to learn, adapt, and utilize new technologies.
Who are we
Hotel Communication Network Inc. (www.hcn-inc.com) is an Ottawa-based company providing leading-edge, in-room guest services technology to the hospitality and convention industries. Our world-class development team has built an end-to-end services delivery platform, incorporating the best of open source and custom development. We are successfully installed in major convention hotels and are rolling out to major markets including Chicago and San Francisco.
Job Type: Full-time
Send your résumé, cover letter, and examples of your work (e.g. URLs of sites worked on, Github repository links, etc.) to firstname.lastname@example.org.